District Mission Statement
Students will discover their talents and abilities and will be prepared to pursue their dreams and aspirations while contributing effectively to their local, national, and global communities.
Small class sizes are a top priority
The School District of La Crosse is the only district of our size that has maintained SAGE classrooms in kindergarten through 3rd grade. The SAGE (Student Achievement Guarantee in Education) program provides funding to help maintain lower class size in the early grades. The average elementary school class has 18 children; while the average middle school class has 26 students and our high school classes average 25 to 30 students.
Ten great reasons to choose La Crosse Schools
- Comprehensive, well-rounded education
- Innovative choices in learning opportunities
- Safe and engaging school climate
- Teaching Values
- Highly qualified teachers and staff
- Involved parents
- Higher education, business and community partnerships
- Global education and diversity
- Technology for learning
- Success for all
Schedule a Tour
Experience the district ‘s schools first-hand. Tour our schools by calling the Registrar’s Office at 608.789.7756.
Take note of these additional opportunities:
- Preschool Registration – First Week in January
- Open Enrollment – February-April