Community Schools Initiative
MISSION: Partnering with students, families and communities to achieve equitable outcomes by leveraging the school as a hub for engagement, collaboration, and expanded services and opportunities.
VISION: Thriving youth, families and communities.
Our Community Schools Initiative is a growing part of our district’s equity strategy. Currently, Hamilton Elementary School and Northside Elementary schools are in the initial implementation stage of the community school model using the guiding principles below.
Community Schools Guiding Principles
- Pursue Equity
- Invest in a Whole Child Approach to Education
- Build on Community Strengths to Ensure Conditions for Learning
- Use Data and Community Wisdom to Guide Partnerships, Programs and Progress
- Commit to Interdependence and Shared Accountability
- Invest in Building Trusting Relationships
- Foster a Learning Organization
For more information about our community schools, please email us your questions at email@example.com!