In an effort to save resources and time required by school staff to sort and handle flyers, approved flyers will be posted on this page.
School backpacks will continue to be used by school administrators, teachers, and the school district to send communications and information home to parents, such as homework, classroom news, and school-sponsored activities. Flyers will not be sent home in student backpacks unless they are directly related to school business and are generated by the school or school district.
Non-Profit Distribution of Materials Information
Flyers and materials regarding student and/or staff activities or learning opportunities that are sponsored or offered by a community-based non-profit organization may receive approval for posting, subject to the following guidelines. Distribution requests should be submitted two weeks before the event to allow time for reviewing.
Guidelines for Distribution Materials:
- All flyers must contain the District’s disclaimer: “This event, class, activity or matter is not sponsored or endorsed by the School District of La Crosse and is not printed at District expense”.
- Approved flyers must be for programs or events that are sponsored by non-profit, non-school organizations must align with, enhance or extend the District’s academic curriculum, and be age-appropriate.
- Posted flyers are for informational purposes only. Posting does not imply District endorsement or recommendation.
- Requests for the distribution of materials for events that are sponsored by for-profit organizations will not be approved.
- If your flyer meets the above guidelines and Board Policy 8520 provisions, please visit the link below “Distribution of Materials Request Form” to submit your request. Additional guidelines and the approval process can also be found under the request form.
Scope of Approval:
- All flyers and materials that meet the guidelines will be approved for electronic posting on the District’s Virtual Backpack webpage.
- Determination of approval or disapproval by the Associate Superintendent of Instruction, and scope of approval, if applicable, will be provided via e-mail in response to the request.
Questions? Email email@example.com
Please contact Buildings and Grounds, at 608.789.7666, regarding approval of yard signs outside of the school buildings.
Per Board Policy 8520, the activities listed below have been approved for posting by the School District of La Crosse. This approval does not mean the events are school-sponsored activities/programs nor does the School District of La Crosse necessarily endorse these activities/programs. For more information on the activity or program, please contact the organization on the flyer.
We will be having our 2nd Annual "Inclusion Night", our goal is to continue highlighting all of the different services we have for our students and faculty here on campus. As well as highlighting the importance of inclusion for the La Crosse community. I believe it...
Winter Spring 2024 Library Programs-SchoolsDownload
Welcome to the tenth and final topic of our Mental Health Matters series! What coping skills will you use today? Coping-Skills-Matter-MH-Matters-SeriesDownload
La Crosse County Library December Program Flyer_SchoolsDownload
Welcome to the ninth topic of our Mental Health Matters series. Friendships are important at all ages of life! Friendships Matter - MH Matters Series (1)Download
Welcome to the eighth topic of our Mental Health Matters series! Did you know nutrition impacts your mental health? Nutrition Matters - MH Matters SeriesDownload
The City of La Crosse is updating its Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan. Check out these upcoming events on their website. They are also looking for guidance and input to the Safe Routes to School Plan.
Welcome to the seventh topic of our Mental Health Matters series! Finding balance can be tricky - check out the suggestions Balance Matters - MH Matters SeriesDownload
Welcome to the sixth topic of our Mental Health Matters series - when we feel connected, we feel better! Connection Matters - MH Matters Series (1)Download
Welcome to the fifth topic of our Mental Health Matters series - Mindset Matters! Mindset Matters - MH Matters SeriesDownload
La Crosse County Library November Program Flyer for SchoolsDownload Strengthening Your Squad flyerDownload
Welcome to the fourth topic of our Mental Health Matters series! Asking for help is a skill that we all can practice - read more below! Asking for Help Matters - MH Matters SeriesDownload
Welcome to the third topic of our Mental Health Matters series! Physical activity and movement impact overall wellness for all! Physical Activity Matters - MH Matters SeriesDownload
The event is happening on Sunday, Oct. 15 from noon-5pm at The Main downtown La Crosse. There will be a number of local small business owners who will have their unique products and services on sale during the event. All products and services being featured focus on...
October 2023 R.I.S.E. NewsletterDownload
Welcome to the second topic of our Mental Health Matters series! Let’s talk about screen time!*Follow this link if you are interested in the Family Media Plan: https://www.healthychildren.org/English/fmp/Pages/MediaPlan.aspx Screen Time Matters - MH Matters...
2023 Holmen BKB Girls FlyerDownload If you have any questions regarding our programs or the registration process, please contact Toni Waughtal at firstname.lastname@example.org Register Here:...