In an effort to save resources and time required by school staff to sort and handle flyers, approved flyers will be posted on this page.
School backpacks will continue to be used by school administrators, teachers, and the school district to send communications and information home to parents, such as homework, classroom news, and school-sponsored activities. Flyers will not be sent home in student backpacks unless they are directly related to school business and are generated by the school or school district.
Non-Profit Distribution of Materials Information
Flyers and materials regarding student and/or staff activities or learning opportunities that are sponsored or offered by a community-based non-profit organization may receive approval for posting, subject to the following guidelines. Distribution requests should be submitted two weeks before the event to allow time for reviewing.
Guidelines for Distribution Materials:
- All flyers must contain the District’s disclaimer: “This event, class, activity or matter is not sponsored or endorsed by the School District of La Crosse and is not printed at District expense”.
- Approved flyers must be for programs or events that are sponsored by non-profit, non-school organizations must align with, enhance or extend the District’s academic curriculum, and be age-appropriate.
- Posted flyers are for informational purposes only. Posting does not imply District endorsement or recommendation.
- Requests for the distribution of materials for events that are sponsored by for-profit organizations will not be approved.
- If your flyer meets the above guidelines and Board Policy 8520 provisions, please visit the link below “Distribution of Materials Request Form” to submit your request. Additional guidelines and the approval process can also be found under the request form.
Scope of Approval:
- All flyers and materials that meet the guidelines will be approved for electronic posting on the District’s Virtual Backpack webpage.
- Determination of approval or disapproval by the Associate Superintendent of Instruction, and scope of approval, if applicable, will be provided via e-mail in response to the request.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Buildings and Grounds, at 608.789.7666, regarding approval of yard signs outside of the school buildings.
Per Board Policy 8520, the activities listed below have been approved for posting by the School District of La Crosse. This approval does not mean the events are school-sponsored activities/programs nor does the School District of La Crosse necessarily endorse these activities/programs. For more information on the activity or program, please contact the organization on the flyer.
DNA Learning Center Summer Camps 2023
DNA Learning Center Summer Camps 2023Download
Family Fun Expo 2023
Become a Soccer Referee
Referee Course March 2023Download
4H Foods Workshop
Free Teen Car Control Clinic
Teen Car Control Clinic April 2023Download
Hmong Education Project (HEP) Community Day
HCCA Community Day Flyer 2023Download
Join Girl Scouts!
Mighty Mites Soccer
MM Soccer 5-2023Download
PA Soccer 4-2023Download
La Crosse County Library Jan Events
La Crosse County Library Dec Events
La Crosse County Library December events.
Children’s Museum Oct-Dec
Children’s Museum events for October-December.
4H Archery Workshop
4_H_Archery_2023_FlyerDownload Click here to register
Joe Was Just Joe
La Crosse County Library – October Events
For more information about any of these programs please see the library website at lacrossecountylibrary.org and click on Youth Programming or Adult Programming.
Rock Greendeer & Family Dancers (Ho-Chunk Nation)
The goal of this event is to give the community a chance to experience a live, traditional dance ceremony performed by members of the Ho-Chunk nation.
Teen Car Control Clinic
Gundersen Health System – The goal of the Teen Car Control Clinic is to prevent motor vehicle crashes, injuries, and death through education and skill building for teen drivers.
River City Youth Hockey
Try hockey for free with River City Youth Hockey on Saturday November 5th from 10:30am-12:30pm.
UW-L MARC – Mentoring and Readiness for College
UW-L MARC – Mentoring and Readiness for College (MARC) is a free pre-college program offered through the Office of Multicultural Student Services at UW-La Crosse. MARC bring university student mentors together with 1st-12th grade students for tutoring, mentoring, college prep, and career readiness activities.
Winona Area Basketball Organization Clinic
Winona Area Basketball Organization is hosting a basketball clinic with special guests October 22nd.
City of La Crosse Comprehensive Plan Survey
The survey offers the chance to share insights about what life is like in La Crosse and what you hope to see.