LA CROSSE, Wis., (August 8, 2022) – Building a new consolidated high school opens the current Logan High School and Central High School buildings to serve as 6th through 8th-grade middle schools.
Transitioning our 6th through 8th-grade students to the existing high school buildings is an immediate improvement to the middle school experience with access to expanded space and programs:
• Laboratories for science curriculum
• Technical education classrooms and labs
• Physical education and athletic facilities
• Band, choir, music classrooms
A new high school will provide modern classrooms and labs for collaborative, flexible, and hands-on learning, such as:
• Ability to offer electives students are asking for and need
• Increased opportunities, labs, and courses to explore career and technical courses to prepare our students for the jobs of the future, such as Engineering, Robotics, Advanced Manufacturing, Automotive, Culinary Arts, Health Sciences, etc.
• Increased options and opportunities in all aspects of the student experience – academics, arts, athletics, extracurriculars, etc.
• Estimated annual savings of $4.5 million through efficiencies gained by moving from five to three middle and high school buildings
To learn more about the referendum, please visit https://www.lacrosseschools.org/referendum.