As part of new legislation passed in 2015, each Wisconsin school district has new parent notification requirements. These notifications are expected to be shared with all families of students in the School District of La Crosse. Additional information about school district policies, guidelines, and expectations are available online at www.lacrosseschools.org. If you have any questions, please contact a building principal directly or the superintendent at 608.789.7628.
Available to Resident Children
The School District of La Crosse offers the following educational options for resident school-aged children:
- Full-time Enrollment Opportunities which include: Core Course Academic Education, Vocational Education, Fine Arts Education, Physical and Health Education, Education for Employment Programs, Career Education, Environmental Education, Drug and Alcohol Education, Bilingual Education, and Programs that meet the needs of Students with Disabilities.
- Youth Options (http://dpi.wi.gov/youthoptions)
- Course Options (http://dpi.wi.gov/courseoptions)
- Open Enrollment (http://bit.ly/20IGO6k)
- Part-time Enrollment for Non-public School Children (http://dpi.wi.gov/sms/private-schools/part-time-attendance)
- Elementary Summer School
- Middle/High School Summer School
- Private Choice Schools (http://dpi.wi.gov/sms/choice-programs)
- Virtual Schools (https://dpi.wi.gov/sms/charter-schools/virtual-charter-schools)
Adoption of Academic Standards
The State of Wisconsin has standards for each academic area. As required by 2015 Wisconsin Act 55 (section 120.12(13) of the State statutes) for the 2022 ‐ 2023 academic school year, the Board of Education has adopted the Common Core Standards for ELA (English Language Arts and Mathematics, and the Wisconsin Model Academic Standards in all other discipline areas under section 118.30(1g)(a)1 of the State statutes. All standards can be accessed directly at http://dpi.wi.gov/standards.