Select Page

Human Resources

Non-Staff Personnel


Once approved by a supervising administrator, all non-staff personnel should complete the documents and required tutorials/training found below. Also, please bring your original identification documents (i.e. driver’s license, social security card, passport) and a voided check for payroll purposes.

BEFORE you can begin working;

  1. All employment paperwork and safety training must be completed and submitted to Human Resources.
  2. Successful completion of a criminal background check.
  3. Required physical examination administered at the District’s expense. Further details and instructions will be provided when employment paperwork is submitted to Human Resources.

Contact Information

Human Resources Office

(608) 789-7953

Office Hours:
7:00am – 3:30pm

Please return completed forms to:
Hogan Administrative Center
Human Resources, Room 110
807 East Avenue South
La Crosse, Wisconsin 54601

New Hire Employment Paperwork

Work Permit Requirements for Employment of Minors:

  • A work permit is required before anyone under the age of 16 is allowed to work in any job with the exception of agriculture or domestic service work.
  • Employers must have a work permit on file for the minor being employed before they may allow the minor to begin work.
  • 16- and 17-year-old minors do NOT need to obtain a work permit prior to beginning work. Work permits will not be issued for minors ages 16 or 17.
    • State law prohibits the use of minors to perform hazardous work. Prohibited employment provisions still apply to work that 16- and 17-year-old minors can be employed to perform.
  • This law makes no changes to the requirements for minors younger than 16. Minors younger than 16 must obtain a work permit prior to beginning work, unless an exception applies.
    • There are no changes to the maximum hours or times of days that minors younger than 16 may work, or the types of work that minors younger than 16 may perform.


***Work permits can typically be obtained through the guidance/student services office at the high school in which the student attends. You may visit the Department of Workforce Development’s Work Permit Office Locations webpage to find additional locations available for this service. 

Please return the completed New Hire Employment Paperwork  along with your original identification documents (i.e. driver’s license, social security card, passport), a voided check, and a work permit (if applicable) to the Human Resources Office.