New Family Enrollment
Families without a child in the La Crosse School District
Existing Family Enrollment
Families with a child in the La Crosse School District
807 East Avenue South Room 112
La Crosse, WI 54601
Phone: (608) 789-7756
Fax: (608) 789-8423
Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
4K (Preschool) Office
807 East Avenue South Room 112A
La Crosse, WI 54601
Phone: (608) 789-7006
Fax: (608) 789-8423
Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Bus Company: Riteway Bus
Phone: (608) 881-6370
District Transportation Office
Phone: (608) 789-7663
- December 16th, 2022 – 2023-24 New Student Enrollment Opens
- January 24th, 2023 – Start of 2nd Semester
- February 6th – April 28th, 2023 – Open Enrollment
- Open House and Picture Dates
Open Enrollment for Non-Residents
If you do not live in the School District of La Crosse and have applied or plan on applying for OPEN ENROLLMENT through the Department of Public Instruction for the current school year or next school year:
You must wait to receive your Open Enrollment Approval Letter before completing enrollment.
Please submit or bring in the following materials with you to enroll your child(ren).
1. Proof of residency
Acceptable items include:
- Utility bill (i.e. gas/electric, water/sewer/trash, property tax, cable/internet)
- Lease agreement/rental contract
- Escrow papers, mortgage book/statement
- HUD-1 settlement statement or deed
- Homeowner’s association fees statement
- Letter on apartment complex or mobile home park letterhead, signed by the landlord, stating that parent/guardian/caregiver lives there
- Verification of Social Services (SSI, AFDC, Medi Cal)
2. Birth certificate
The district recognizes the following circumstances as “New Families.”
- Enrolling a first child into preschool or kindergarten.
- If a child is enrolled with the district for preschool it is not necessary to enroll them for kindergarten.
- Transferring into the district from an outside school district without having another child enrolled in the La Crosse School District.
- Re-Enrolling into the district after withdrawing all children from the La Crosse School District.
Boundary schools are based on your home address within the School District of La Crosse.
For Non-Residents (i.e. if you don’t live in the School District of La Crosse): If you have applied or plan on applying for OPEN ENROLLMENT through the Department of Public Instruction for the current school year or next school year- you must wait to receive your Open Enrollment Approval Letter before completing enrollment.
For any questions regarding school boundary information please contact Business Services.
Phone: (608) 789-7651
Any child, who is 4 years old on or before September 1, and either lives in the La Crosse School District attendance area or non-residents that complete the Open Enrollment application through the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) is eligible for preschool.
Our preschool program is a 2.5-hour program, Monday through Friday, housed at several daycare centers and schools throughout the district. The preschool program is free to any eligible child.
If you have questions about the program, need help in deciding on a site to have your child attend, or have registration questions, you may visit the 4-Year-Old Preschool webpage or contact the Preschool Office.
If your child is currently not enrolled in the School District of La Crosse Preschool Program, you can begin the enrollment process either online or at the Hogan Administrative Center.
Birth Certificate and Proof of Residency in the district will be required at the time of enrollment.
Your address determines your boundary school. If you have questions regarding school boundaries, please call Kelly Reinhart at 608.789.7651 or the Registrar’s Office at 608.789.7756.
Parents are reminded that to be eligible for Kindergarten a student must be 5 years of age on or before September 1st. If you have any questions about the age deadline, please ask the principal at your child’s boundary school.