AcademyeScholars Online Learning Program
The La Crosse School District offers students the opportunity to participate in online learning courses to better serve individual needs and to create an avenue for equipping students with the 21st Century Skills they will need throughout their lives.
The district partners with Wisconsin eSchool Network to offer a wide selection of viable, quality course options that satisfy the Wisconsin academic standards. Students enrolled full-time in the school district through traditional and/or online courses are eligible to participate in all co-curricular and extracurricular activities. These online learning options will provide the following features:
- Relevant, rigorous coursework completed in flexible locations (home, school, library, etc.)
- Satisfaction of district graduation requirements
- High-quality, interactive courses aligned to state and national standards (grades 6-12)
- Specific online courses selected as possibilities to resolve scheduling conflicts, serve home-based & homebound learners, and provide potential options for expelled students
- Online course registration is offered during each school’s regular course registration process
- Student participation in semester courses to address credit-deficiency
- Opportunities for students who may be unable to participate in a traditional educational setting
- Modified rates of learning to accommodate students in traditional, accelerated, or extended environments
- Preparation for a future in post-secondary educational and work environments
Online courses offered through the La Crosse eScholars program are taught by certified instructors. Students currently enrolled full-time in one of the school district’s high schools can enrich their course selection with online courses at our schools through the approval of the school counselors and principals. Online courses are not intended to replace traditional courses offered on-site unless special circumstances are identified and approved by building principals. Students in a full-time, home-based learning environment have access to all available online coursework. Students residing within district boundaries who are currently open enrolled in a full-time virtual school may participate in the district’s full-time online program.
Students will have 16 weeks from the date of enrollment to complete each course for the fall and spring terms. Course goals and objectives are available upon request. The number of concurrent courses a student may be enrolled in will be determined by the district. Each student participating in an online course will have a learning education plan on file with their counselor that outlines his/her traditional and online course plan. Students should contact their high school counselor or principal for more information regarding the learning education plan.
Dr. Michael Lichucki
Director of Curriculum, Instruction, & Assessments
If you have any questions or concerns not addressed on our web page, please feel free to contact us using this form.