Select Page

To enroll a homeless child or youth:

If your child is currently enrolled in one of our schools, please contact your child’s school to assure that attendance will continue uninterrupted. We may help provide transportation to your child’s school of origin (the school that your child attended when you were permanently housed). If your child attends/attended a school in a neighboring district (Onalaska, Holmen, West Salem, etc), contact that school so arrangements can be made to continue there or discuss switching to a school in La Crosse.

If you are new to La Crosse, or your child isn’t enrolled yet, please visit our Registrar’s Office at Hogan Administrative Center, 807 East Avenue or call (608) 789-7756 for more information.

Your child or youth shall be immediately enrolled and allowed to fully participate in school, even if unable to produce records normally required for enrollment (e.g. immunization, birth certificate, school records etc.).

Download the full notice: