We believe that quality communication is necessary for quality and excellence in education to occur. In the interest of developing quality communication between the district administration and parents, a committee consisting of representatives from each school will be formed to meet with the superintendent and associate superintendent on a regular basis.
- To provide a system that allows the concerns, questions, and opinions of parents to be brought directly to the superintendent and associate superintendent.
- To provide a system that allows the superintendent and associate superintendent with an opportunity to share plans, ideas, and concerns directly with parents.
- During the month of May, two (2) parent delegates will be selected by the parents or the parent organization of each charter, elementary, middle, and high school in the district to serve during the following year. Three (3) at-large parent delegates may be appointed by the chairperson.
- The representatives of the various schools will meet monthly (except during July and August) throughout the year with the superintendent and associate superintendent. However, additional meetings may be scheduled if warranted.
- Meetings will be held at 7:00 p.m. on the second Tuesday of the month unless necessary to schedule otherwise. The meetings will be held at the Hogan Administrative Center or at various school buildings.
- At the September meeting of each year, officers will be elected by majority vote. Officers will include: chairperson, vice chairperson, and secretary. When any voting occurs, a majority of the schools must be represented. Each school and at-large delegate will have one vote. In the event of two or more nominees for one office, a written ballot will be taken with one vote for each school and at-large delegate.
- Agendas will be posted by the superintendent’s office. Agenda items may be suggested by any parent. These items should be brought to the attention of the superintendent or the chairperson at least one (1) week prior to the meeting. However, each meeting agenda shall include a time for items to be brought directly for discussion. The critical criteria for determining the appropriateness of such items will be the degree to which the item has district-wide implications. Discussions regarding the evaluation of various district employees shall not be allowed.