LOGAN HIGH SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Click HERE to view the VIDEO EDITION of the Weekly Announcements!
Interested in joining the US Army? Join Sergeant Ryan Shughart, our recruiter for Logan High School, on Wednesday, January 27th from 2:30-3:00 PM via Zoom to answer any questions you may have about the Army. Click HERE to join the meeting.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the December Yearbook Survey! Our Winner is Senior Mason H. Please see your school email for details to collect your prize.
Take the 6 questions Yearbook January Google Survey for a chance to win fabulous prizes. Hurry this survey ends January 31. Click here for the January Survey.
Submit your photos to Yearbook December 1- January 31 for a chance to win prizes AND have your photo in the yearbook. Remember: All photos submitted must be photos taken by you. Click here to submit photos Dec. 1- Jan. 31
Workforce Readiness Workshops: The La Crosse Area Society for Human Resource Management (LASHRM) is hosting three Workforce Readiness Workshops on February 4th via Zoom. The workshops will focus on: Resumes, Cover Letters & Interviewing. Check out the flyer HERE for event times & more information!
FREE HAIRCUT FOR ALL STUDENTS! The Salon Professional Academy and Sports Clips are both offering a FREE haircut to all students.
- Sports Clips coupons can be picked up at the North Entrance starting Monday, December 14th.
- Click HERE for the Free Haircut Gift Certificate from The Salon Professional Academy.
SOPHOMORES: If you would like a class ring you can order yours here: https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/customer/1116988/Logan-High-School/. Questions? Call Jostens at 1-800-567-8367 or email them at: www.jostens.com/contact
FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is open. Check out this FAFSA Completion video from Mr. Gordy in the Future Center as well as this FAFSA Slideshow and Video Guide. Mr. Gordy is always available to help families complete their FAFSA application, so feel free to reach out to him at firstname.lastname@example.org for any assistance.
SENIORS: Please place your order for your graduation Cap & Gown at this link HERE. Questions? Call Jostens at 1-800-567-8367 or email them at: www.jostens.com/contact. Please add 2 inches to your height when ordering your cap & gown set. Unopened Cap & Gown units may be returned if you do not participate in a 2021 ceremony. To order a graduation tassel only, please select the souvenir tassel. The souvenir tassel that is included in the cap & gown order should be worn for the Graduation ceremony – embellished tassels such as the status tassel will not be allowed. In addition, alterations to the Cap & Gown including but not limited to embroidery and/or the addition of pins are not acceptable for the ceremony. Students are welcomed to wear their siblings’/relatives gown if they choose. All gowns will be red. There is an option to order just the cap & tassel and/or souvenir tassel separately online. Students in financial need, please e-mail Mrs. Mancuso at email@example.com to find out how we can help you get a cap & gown.
UPCOMING LOGAN HS MEETINGS
COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY VISITS & INFO
Seniors! Ready to apply to UW-Madison? We have two deadlines:
- February 1st is the Regular Decision Deadline (materials and deadline information listed here)
- You can apply with the Common Application OR the UW-System Electronic Application, use the one that’s best for you!
- Share this link with the person who will write your letter of recommendation (the letter has to be sent by them)
ALL high school students! Learn more about UW-Madison! Talk to current students!
- Find out more about what we look for in our applicants to UW-Madison. Chances are you should apply!
- Learn more about applying as a freshman or a transfer student to UW-Madison
- View the UW-Madison virtual tour available 24/7
- Schedule a “Chat with a current UW-Madison student tour guide”
- Join other live information sessions from academic programs, majors, and campus resources at Visit Bucky
- Watch pre-recorded information sessions at Visit Bucky
UW-La Crosse: Feel free to check out the UW-La Crosse Viewbook and Housing Guide for information. You can also connect with us virtually in other ways, including:
- Chat with us: Select “Chat with Our Team!” fromthis page to connect directly to our staff.
- Call our office: Give us a ring at 608-785-8939.
- Send us an email: Direct your questions firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Text us: Send quick messages to our team at 608-471-6931.
- Take our virtual tour: Scroll through campus online.
- Follow us on social media: Find us on Facebook and Instagram@uwlacrosseadmissions.
MSU-Mankato is offering a variety of ways for prospective students to learn more about their school:
- In-person Campus Visits: We are currently offering in-person campus tours and visits every weekday Monday-Friday. A limited number of Saturday Campus Visits are also be available. One of the key safety features to expect is a requirement that all staff, students, and visitors wear face coverings during the visit. Students can register for an in-person campus visit here: https://mankato.mnsu.edu/future-students/undergraduate/visit-campus/schedule-a-visit
- Virtual Information Sessions: We are currently offering two live virtual information sessions each week: Mondays at 3:30 PM and Fridays at 12:00 PM. This is an opportunity for prospective students and families to listen to a general presentation on our application process, housing, paying for college, and important dates. These sessions will be hosted by an Admissions Officer, so it’s a great time to ask questions as well. Registration can be found here: https://mankato.mnsu.edu/future-students/undergraduate/visit-campus/virtual-visits-and-tours/schedule-a-virtual-visit/
- Virtual Campus Tours: We offer the opportunity for students to explore our campus and residence hall rooms from the comfort of their own home through our engaging and dynamic online campus tour options, which can be found here: https://mankato.mnsu.edu/future-students/undergraduate/visit-campus/virtual-visits-and-tours/virtual-tour/
- Open Houses: We are offering a variety of in-person and virtual open house events this fall. More information about dates and registration is available here: https://mankato.mnsu.edu/future-students/undergraduate/visit-campus/schedule-a-visit/open-house-opportunities/