Student Code of Rights & Responsibilities
Student Code of Rights and Responsibilities in printable pdf format.
BOARD OF EDUCATION
Connie Troyanek, President
Dave Rudolph, Vice President
Mary Larson, Clerk
Brad Quarberg, Treasurer
Laurie Cooper Stoll
The Board of Education is comprised of locally elected officials who establish policies to:
- Ensure quality, equitable, and innovative educational opportunities for all students.
- Ensure programs designed to develop the student as a whole.
- Ensure resources are available to provide excellence in education.
- Ensure accountability to the public.
- Ensure effective communication and collaboration with the community.
Board Policies for Student Achievement (Ends Policies)
Students will discover their talents and abilities and will be prepared to pursue their dreams and aspirations while contributing effectively to their local, national, and global communities.
Academic Achievement Goals
Students will demonstrate continuous improvement toward a high level of individual success in all required and elective academic/curricular areas using multiple measures of performance.
1. Students will:
- Meet achievable and developmentally appropriate goals through collaborative planning with their teachers and parents/caregivers.
- Achieve clearly defined competence or mastery in all curricular areas as monitored by an array of quantitative and qualitative measures.
- Develop higher order critical thinking skills.
- Develop and exercise creativity in problem solving and self-expression.
- Develop the curiosity, self-discipline and self-awareness necessary for life-long learning.
2. Students will show continuous improvement through multiple measures of the K-12 reading, mathematics, science, and social studies programs.
Students will strive for mutual understanding as contributing citizens in a diverse world and global community.
- Understand and exercise the rights and responsibilities of citizenship in a democratic society.
- Volunteer time and talents.
- Practice the shared community values of honesty, respect, responsibility, compassion, self-discipline, perseverance, and giving.
- Clarify personal values and effectively use them in relationships.
- Utilize critical thinking and content knowledge necessary to appreciate cultural and individual differences.
- Demonstrate effective skills in team as well as individual endeavors.
- Demonstrate effective and comprehensive communication skills.
- Practice good stewardship towards the environment.
- Develop a world view for mutual understanding.
Responsible Life Choices
Students will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to make effective and responsible life choices.
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation.
- Show courage and commitment to their choices, values, and beliefs.
- Understand the dynamics of change and possess coping and resiliency skills.
- Establish good health and wellness practices.
- Successfully manage personal resources.