The first bell will ring at 7:50 am signaling our students to move to their classroom and prepare for the day. We encourage you to have your child arrive at school by 7:50. Supervision is provided on our upper playground from 7:40-7:50 am. All students are expected to be in the classroom by 8:00 am ready to learn. At 8:00 am, classroom doors will be closed to ensure that learning starts on time. Any student arriving to the classroom after that time will need to go to the office for a tardy pass.
Students are dismissed at 2:40 pm.
If they are eating breakfast, they may get to school no earlier than 7:30. If the student does not eat breakfast, the playground opens at 7:40. The first bell rings at 7:50 for students to come inside of the school.
Students can drop off lunch payments in the box in the office.
PaySchools, our on-line method to pay for school meals, is accessible through family access. PaySchools allows you to make meal payments via e-check or credit card at your convenience from our district’s web site.
1. Go to www.lacrosseschools.com.
2. Click on ‘Parents/Guardians’ (right side of page).
3. Log in using your Family Access login and password.
4. Click ‘Food Service’ tab and then on the ‘Make a Payment’ tab. Enter the payment amount and click the Pay with RevTrak button. This will redirect you to the RevTrak website. The first time you make a payment, you’ll be asked to create a username and password. This will be different than your Family Access information.
5. Once your payment has been completed, close the RevTrak window. Select your next student for payment from the Student drop down menu
Regular Priced $1.60
Reduced Priced $0.30
Regular Priced $2.80
Reduced Price $0.40
On occasion, it may be necessary for your child to take medication in the school setting. In order to do this, you need to follow the school policy and Wisconsin State Statutes
If your child will be taking any medication at school (prescription or non-prescription), a Medication Form must be completed (a form is available through the Spence office).
•Must have written consent signatures by both a parent and a physician on the Medication Form.
•Must be in a current, properly labeled prescription bottle.
•Students may not carry medications in school. (Exception: Asthma inhalers may be carried with appropriate written consent from physician on the Medication Form).
•Must have written consent from parents on the Medication Form, indicating the exact instructions for administration; such as name of drug, amount to be given, and how often it is to be given.
•Medication must be in the original container.
We want to encourage all families to complete one (even if you think you won’t qualify!) as the more students who qualify for free or reduced price meals, the more funding our district receives for our students (smaller classroom size, library books, etc.)
Applications are available in the school office or online under the office tab.
Illness: If it is necessary that your child be absent due to illness, please call the Spence Office at 789-7773 before 8:00am.
Appointments: If your child has a medical appointment during school hours, please either:
• Send a note with your child to give to the office (not the teacher) before school -or-
• Call the school the morning of your child’s appointment
Students must check into the office before leaving and when returning to school from appointments.
Family Absence: : If a student is absent due to travel or a planned family absence, a parent or guardian must complete a Pre-Planned Absence form in advance or send a written note to the office in advance.