2018-19 SCHOOL YEAR
The Longfellow PTO would like to welcome all new and returning families to the 2018-19 school year. We hope you had a relaxing summer and are ready for another exciting school year. We invite you to join our team this year as we explore new ways to aid our children through their challenging school years. Our meetings are open to everyone. If you have a student at Longfellow, you are a member of the PTO. There are no membership dues or fees. Everyone is welcome to join us at any of our upcoming meetings that begin in September. All meetings are held in the LMC at Longfellow.
We met families at orientation in the spring and we started collecting your email addresses for the PTO email list. If you missed the sign-up, you can email the PTO address at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to the list. This is another way to stay in touch with Longfellow PTO.
Why get involved?
Are you concerned about the emotional, educational, and overall well being of your middle school student? Are you sometimes seeking more information about what is happening in our school? Come
join us at the monthly PTO meetings to share ideas, ask questions and meet other Longfellow parents and staff.
Our PTO Meetings are held on the 4th Mondays of each month from 6:30 to 8:00 pm in the Longfellow LMC:
- September 24, 2018
- October 22, 2018
- November 26, 2018
- December – no meeting
- January 28, 2019
- February 25, 2019
- March 25, 2019
- April 29, 2019 (no school April 22)
- May 20, 2019 (no school May 27)
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at: email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you at an upcoming meeting.
Kathy Heiderscheit, President
Jennifer Jones, Treasurer
Tammy Larson, Secretary
Jeff Murphy, District Wide Parent Rep
Lori Potkay, District Wide Parent Rep
Updated: May 2018
First Day of School
The first day of school is September 4, 2018.
Please keep collecting…
Kwik Trip milk caps and Box Tops for Education. Turn them in to the collection bin in the rotunda (Longfellow entry way) outside of the LMC.
Thank You Volunteers!!
The Longfellow PTO would like to extend our sincere thank you to the parents, staff and friends who were supportive throughout the 2017-18 school year! Thanks to you we raised $12,955.70 in the fall through the magazine/frozen food/holiday shopper sale and approximately $350 from collecting Kwik Trip milk caps and Box Tops. Because of your generous volunteer and financial support, the PTO was able to fund the following items during the 2017-18 school year:
- Breakout Edu Boxes for classrooms
- Funding for Quarterly Character Recognition Receptions
- Health Room Recliners
- Barnes & Noble Gift Cards to each Reading Teacher to supplement classroom
- Cricket machine for use by Student Council, LMC & all classrooms
- Alternative seating and lighting for classroom (trauma-sensitive)
- Funds towards startup of Wrestling Program – uniforms, equipment
- Random Acts of Kindness Fund donation (help support cost of classroom field trips, etc.)
- GoalBook Toolkit for Longfellow staff (best practices and strategies for teaching all students to succeed)
- 3D Printer for use by LMC and all classrooms
- Miscellaneous items such as testing snacks & classroom supplies/equipment
- Catering/Decorations for 8th Grade Recognition/Reception
- Gift card to t-shirt design winner and t-shirt funds/donation for “Runnin’ for a Reason” all school 5K run/walk
Thanks again for your generous support of Longfellow PTO!
Contact Kathy Heiderscheit, PTO President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Today’s problems cannot be solved at the same level of thinking that created them.
Please LIKE us on Facebook!
Longfellow Middle School PTO Facebook Page
Staff PTO Funds Request Form 2016